[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Cultured Handmaiden approved

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:06:52 -0700 (PDT)

Tracy,

I took several that had been returned quite a few
times and that had been sitting on the list for at
least 6 months. With the exception of the two Cookson
books, they were rated Fair, and were txt without
breaks, etc. There is no way I could get them all
done, and I didn't want them rejected, thinking that
they probably wouldn't  get re-scanned--this was long
before Gary offered, and no one else did--and rather
than see them disappear I thought I could fix them and
upload them. Clearly no one else was interested, or
they wouldn't have been released as many times as they
were before I took them, or sat on the list for as
many months as they had. I did not take any, in
February, that had been submitted in Sept. or Oct.,
though they were plenty of those, too.  I didn't think
they'd be missed, since no one had taken them or asked
about them in a while. All but the two Cookson books
had been scanned and submitted by a person who didn't
care what happened to them after that.

I do think that people who submit books that linger on
the download shelf for a month or more should validate
their own books, if they care about their getting into
the collection--but if they don't, some are too
valuable to be thrown away, as it were, in my opinion.

Also, in in Feb., I think it was, Marissa said that
she was going to get rid of books that had been
sitting on the list for a certain amount of time--I
can't remember exactly--maybe it was 6 months or less.
Also, if books didn't have page breaks by the end of
March, they were going te be eliminated.

Finally, if someone requested my help with a book, I
put that request before validating one of the books
I'd downloaded.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com