[bksvol-discuss] 2 sports books for scanners

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:33:18 -0500

Dear Booksharian Friends,

I have two books about sports to pass along to anyone who would like to scan them. They are both hardcover retired library books.I'd actually rather dust than read about sports, but I've seen messages from young Bookshare readers saying they like the sports books.

The books up These books aren't in the collection as of now. They are:

Jesse Ventura: The Story of the Wrestler They Call "The Body" by Matt Hunter, might be a challenge because the longish picture captions are written in the wide margins, kind of like in their own columns. about 60 pages

Dynamic Modern Women Athletes by Laurie Lindop, 128 pages. The chapters won't be a problem because you can see the titles and the pages where the chapters start in the contents. There are full page illustrations with no captions which I don't think need to be described. I can only tell enough about them to say, A woman swinging a golf club, A woman swimming, etc. That much is surely obvious in the text. There are 113 pages of text and a list of sources, further reading and 3 page index at the end. I believe those sections are optional, though they might scan fine. The index has two columns so it could need some sorting out.

Send me your address and the title you want off list and, if you're the first to ask, it's yours.

Always with love,

Lissi