[biztech-discussion] outfit in Los Gatos

  • From: Ann Thryft <athryft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: biztech-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:09:51 -0700

From an article in USAToday about offshoring:

Save U.S. Jobs.biz, a non-profit in Los Gatos, Calif., has roughly 100
members. The group, formed about two months ago, is trying to acquire
stock in companies that outsource jobs to foreign countries. They hope
to use that leverage to influence board meetings and shareholder
decisions.

Their current target: Hewlett-Packard.

Says Save U.S. Jobs.biz CEO Harold Hervey: "We're going to the source of
the problems, which is corporations and CEOs. We're not afraid to take
on the big guys."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/workplace/2004-04-19-fighting-outsourcing_x.htm