(no subject)

  • From: Peeyush Prasad <peeyush@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:51:37 +0530 (IST)

hi list,
 we've been inactive for some time now, waiting for the BIT crowd to
finish their exams... but just so that the interest doesn't die, and this
becomes just another failed attempt, I'm going to start posting links to
linux related articles that I found interesting... both technical, and
philosophical... and then all can can a big discussion, and everybody can
flame everyone else to death ;-)

so here goes...
 wanted to do a typical client server kinda thing here, but with threads,
so here's a gentle guide to pthreads that I found...

 http://vergil.chemistry.gatech.edu/resources/programming/threads.html

...and here's a tutorial which appealed to me..
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialPosixThreads.html

if anybody is into threads, we can discuss, else I'll just post another
article in a couple of years ;-)

  -Peeyush
P.S - let's not clutter the poor dialup user's mailboxes with junk
  - an aggrieved former dialup user ;-)

 the curls in your keyboard cord are losing electricity.