[birdky] wood duck close encounter

  • From: "Lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:13:00 -0500

This morning, while looking along Whip-poor-will Creek for sprouting
jewelweeds, 3 male wood ducks swam into view from behind a big, obscuring
sycamore. They were maybe 20 feet from me as they swam further into view. Upon
spotting me, they were so embassased at having allowed such a close approach,
they flew away without making their usual calls.
    It must have been too early for jewelweed, but I saw a couple of clumps of
Blue Larkspur I didn't know about.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County