[birdky] whooping cranes??

  • From: Shelley Birder <birdgardengirl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 08:44:30 -0800 (PST)

I saw a flock of birds over the mountians today, I live in Madison
 County, Berea (Big Hill area) near the Jackson county line. They were NOT
 Canadian geese for sure, and their sound was one that I have never
 heard before. At first I thought it may be turkeys, but then I saw them
 flying by.I would estimate 25 of them were flying by. Are there any other
 cranes known to be migrating right now?
 Thanks.