[birdky] rpt: Pine siskins..

  • From: Evelyn Morgan <one4est@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird KY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 19:37:10 -0700 (PDT)

I still have pine siskins in large numbers.  I tried really hard to count them
today, I counted 67 and they were zipping and flapping so who knows how many
was there.  A lone purple finch really showed his color with the goldfinches
and siskins.

Does anyone know the lastest they stay around?  I know last year in May we saw
one at Cumberland Falls..I think that might have been a record.

Chipping sparrow singing...sounded good!

Evelyn Morgan
Elliott County, near Grayson Lake