[birdky] pictures from Mexico

  • From: Chris Sloan <chris.sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird Listserv <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, plantmistress@xxxxxxxxxxx, pat_in_tennessee@xxxxxxxxx, Benji Sloan <sloanrobe@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Tova Levy <tovacool@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Melinda Welton (weltonmj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <weltonmj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:11:42 -0500

Business took me to Mexico in late February, but I managed to arrange a couple of days for birding in the Yucatan. The highlight was a spectacular army ant swarm at Coba; we were lucky to come up on it just as the swarm was starting, and the best part was that for 50 meters or so, it marched parallel to the old road, allowing for spectacular viewing and photos of the 14 species of birds that were attending the swarm. The other highlight was Chichen Itza, which is one of the "new" Seven Wonders of the World. Viewing conditions were optimal, and I have some great postcard-quality pics from there (these are towards the end).

I've posted photos at two places (click on the Yucatan gallery at each site):

http://csloan.smugmug.com
http://www.pbase.com/csloan

The same photos are in both places. I am evaluating both sites (now that they both support geotagging) to decide which one to use long term for all my photos. If you are so inclined to check out both, I'd appreciate your opinions.

regards,

--
Chris Sloan
Nashville, TN

My photos:  http://csloan.smugmug.com

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * BIRDKY List Manager: Gary Ritchison, Richmond, KY