[birdky] Re: : hummers

  • From: "Ann Morgan" <marianandann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 21:04:49 -0500

We also have two and possibly three hummers remaining.  After reading
Brainard's post, we began looking at them more closely and believe that one of
them may be a female Rufous.    The female Ruby Throat is by far the more
agressive and the one that we think is the Rufous gets very few chances to feed
at either of our feeders, but Marian did manage to get one  fairly decent photo
though the porch screen. He is recuperating from surgery and it has given him
an armchair project. If the Ruby Throat leaves first, we may be able to get a
better shot.  I will forward it to Brainard and see what he thinks..    Ann
Morgan Hopkins County