[birdky] Re: help identifying by song

  • From: "Bennett, Mark" <Mark.Bennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hshankla@xxxxxxxxx>, <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:56:04 -0600

Birding by Ear is really good for the anyone learning songs of common
birds, especially passerines and other land birds.

Another tool is the software bird guide, e-Field Guide.  That Software
has multiple images of birds, some good others not so good and a
song/sound for each species that can be played or "looped" for repeat
help without clicking.  There is something about being able to see an
image of the bird as you here its sound that helps me associate it a
little better.  This guide for example helped me to at least appreciate
that the shorebirds "calls" can be useful in identification.  I have not
mastered that, but this spring if the water comes, who knows.

I meant to reply to this post earlier.  I regret my tardiness.

Mark Bennett

270.726.2436

"We are all, by any practical defintion of the words, foolproof and
incapable of error."   HAL

"No ... computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information".  HAL

"It can only be attributed to human error."  HAL

"This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeorpardize it."
HAL

From: Marsh, Scott <SMarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: racehoss00@xxxxxxxxx, birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 8:42 AM

Sounds like a Carolina Wren to me. This would be the more likely bird to
be repeated singing at this time also.

Scott

lexington