[birdky] foggy morning birding

  • From: "lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 16:59:25 -0500

I set out this morning to try to get a picture of a Yellow-rumped Warbler
hanging out on the fence with the Bluebirds. I have seen it with them on the
fence and seen it well several times since my "unpost" of several days ago,
though I'll never know for sure whether that first sighting was a Yellow-rumped
or not. (Certain people must have mental telepathy and just know when an ID is
carelessly made) I didn't get the shot I intended but my focus on the
fencelines yeilded a lone Eastern Kingbird.(Aren't most of them  usually gone
by now?) Also on the fence, what I at first thought was a Song Sparrow turned
out to be, I think, a Lincoln's Sparrow (confirmation or retraction pending).
Lastly a Yellow-billed Cuckoo posed in a nearly bare Walnut, munching a
catipillar.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County