[birdky] farm critters

  • From: "joyce porter" <joycelporter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:32:19 -0600

1-12-05

A walk with my friend , Wavy, at my farm along Rough River
this day with temperatures in the high 60's, low 70's didn't produce many
birds.Had
kingfisher, chickadee, tufted titmouse, crows, song sparrow,downy
woodpecker.

Bbbut a big surprise, a big surprise was
a 4 foot long Black snake lying atop a bent over small sapling, 3 1/2 feet
above ground with
his body folded into 3 segments.This was a first for me in that I had never
seen a snake
taking the air on January 12, in NW Grayson Co, Ky. He did not move and we
did not
bother him as he absorbed the warm air.
Both human and reptile were enjoying a rare day in January. Joyce Porter