[birdky] cliff swallows at Nolin

  • From: "Kistler" <kistlers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BIRDKY'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:07:21 -0500

Jan and I walked through our favorite, and currently still empty,
campgrounds at Nolin Lake Sunday afternoon. I checked for cliff swallows at
Dog Creek, but didn't see any birds. We walked for maybe 45 minutes over
near the shore and checked the bridge one more time as we left. Hundreds of
cliff swallows! They may have been there all along, but I have a sneaking
suspicion that we may have been there when they arrived. :-)

We also checked the Hwy 88 bridge near Wax, and there was a flock near that
one too.

Whip-poor-wills signing to beat the band tonight.

Steve Kistler

Hart