[birdky] Yellow variant house finch

  • From: "Scott and Glenda Record" <sgrecord@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 11:32:55 -0600

Had an unusually plumaged house finch at the feeders yesterday during the
blizzard.  It was a male house finch with typical reddish head and upper breast
but with a distinct yellow lower bib and completely yellow upper tail coverts.
Having never seen a yellow variant before I expected to see one with all yellow
instead of partially red and partially yellow.  This little guy was all mixed
up and makes me wonder if anyone else has seen a house finch colored like this
before?

Scott Record
Ragland KY