[birdky] White-winged Dove

  • From: Arthur Ricketts <asricketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:10:37 -0400

An adult White-winged Dove appeared in our back yard at 412 Center St.
yesterday, 6/1/03 & remained in the immediate vicinity till evening,
feeding on our ground feeding area & indulging in a bath. Paul Hager
came to see it. Our grandson Kyle Powell got 3 identifiable photos of it
& I have several more on film that needs developing. The bird reappeared
this AM & will hopefully settle in for awhile. We will keep it well fed
& watered. Birders are welcome , but will have to park on the street &
walk in. Go to the gate on the right side of the house & help yourselves
to seats either level of the deck. If the dog is in the yard come to the
front door. If we are not here the dog will be inside. Call first if you
wish.
Art & Tina Ricketts
412 Center St.859-986-4146
Berea, Ky. Madison Co.