[birdky] Various observations

  • From: "Gerald Robe" <ghrobe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:26:01 -0500

When I was driving north on 185 between Anna and Roundhill (Warren and Butler
Counties) on 12/27, I saw a Barred Owl perched in a tree by the road. Somewhere
between Roundhill and Caneyville (Edmonson/Grayson County) I also saw a flock
of ~6 Wild Turkeys in a field.

Today, when I looked out at my feeders, a small olive-gray bird caught my eye
when it flew away from my porch. It turned out to be a Palm Warbler.

This afternoon at the Minor Clark Fish Hatchery, I spotted a Fox Sparrow in a
mixed flock of sparrows foraging in the brush by the oxbow lake.