[birdky] Upcoming nature programs in LBL

  • From: "Carrie Szwed" <cszwed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 20:45:12 +0000

 Hi folks,
As part of the Nature Watch Series in Land Between The Lakes, there a couple
of programs coming up that would be perfect for birding enthusiasts.
Sat, Sep. 22, 3-7pm - Lake Barkley Paddle Trip
Leaves from Taylor Bay 9/22/2012 - 9/22/2012
3pm-->-7pm[0] -->Nature Watch Series: Lake Barkley Paddle Trip
Leaves from Taylor Bay

Explore the shore and islands of Lake Barkley as we search for wildlife in
the Woodlands Nature Watch. We will look for fall &migrating wildlife, seek
out hidden historic spots, and watch the sunset over Honker Bay.

$30/per canoe. $15/canoe or kayak if you bring your own. Snacks included.
Lake and weather conditions permitting. For intermediate to advanced level
paddlers. Space is limited. Advanced registration required. Call
270-924-2020to register.Explore the shore and islands of Lake Barkley as we
search for wildlife in the Woodlands Nature Watch. We will look for fall
&migrating wildlife, seek out hidden historic spots, and watch the sunset
over Honker Bay.
$30/per canoe. $15/canoe or kayak if you bring your own. Snacks included.
Lake and weather conditions permitting. For intermediate to advanced level
paddlers. Space is limited. Advanced registration required. Call
270-924-2020to register or for more details.
9/22/2012 - 9/22/2012
3pm-->-7pm[0] -->Nature Watch Series: Lake Barkley Paddle Trip
Leaves from Taylor Bay

Explore the shore and islands of Lake Barkley as we search for wildlife in
the Woodlands Nature Watch. We will look for fall &migrating wildlife, seek
out hidden historic spots, and watch the sunset over Honker Bay.

$30/per canoe. $15/canoe or kayak if you bring your own. Snacks included.
Lake and weather conditions permitting. For intermediate to advanced level
paddlers. Space is limited. Advanced registration required. Call
270-924-2020to register.
Sat, Oct. 13 - Nature Photography "Hidden Places" in LBL Tour
Leaves from Lake Narkley State Resort Park
Join LBL/ Lake Barkley naturalists, Denise Boaz (wildlife photographer), and
Gross Magee of Murray State University, as we take our cam eras to hidden
spots to snap challenging, but unique photographs. There will be wildlife,
historic and scenic photo opportunities.
8am-12pm, morning session: Northern LBL with stop at Nature Station
(Return to Lake Barkley State Resort Park for lunch on your own)
2-6pm, afternoon session: Southern LBL with stops at Homeplace and Elk
&BisonPrairie
$35/person for full day. $20/person for half day. Limited to 16
participants.Beginners are welcome. Advanced registration required. Call
270-924-2020 to register or for more details.

Carrie Szwed
Naturalist &Public Programs Coordinator
Woodlands Nature Station
Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area
PH: 270-924-2299

When posting on BIRDKY, please close posts with
your first and last name and your address (city or county).

To post on BIRDKY, send e-mail to:
birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit the KOS website at
http://www.biology.eku.edu/kos/default.htm