[birdky] Union Co. & Hend. Co. Wood Tract

  • From: Charles Crawford <cr4d@xxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 12:34:55 -0600

Not a very birdie morning. Mostly overcast.

I had a possible Black Vulture near the Dam, but it was far away and flying
away, so I could not confirm it and did not include it on eBird.
The Turkey Vultures that roost in Posey County, IN, across river and up from
the dam were rising into the air with numbers of at least 50.
But few (3) made it across into KY and by 8:00 they were no longer visible.
Don’t know where they went.

I did briefly stop by Wood Tract about 10:45. 1000s of Snow Geese and Greater
White-fronted Geese.
No Bald Eagles seen, No Tundras seen.

KY Uniontown Dam (John T. Myers Lock & Dam), Union, US-KY
Nov 21, 2013 7:30 AM - 8:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
16 species

Great Blue Heron  4
Turkey Vulture  3
Bald Eagle  5     2 Imm. & 3 Ad.
Red-tailed Hawk  2
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  15
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Downy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted)  1
American Kestrel  1
American Crow  X
Carolina Wren  1
European Starling  X
Song Sparrow  2
Northern Cardinal  2
Red-winged Blackbird  X
American Goldfinch  2

View this checklist online at

KY Sloughs WMA - Highland Creek East, Union, US-KY
Nov 21, 2013 8:35 AM - 10:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
16 species