[birdky] Re: The mysterious case of the Oven Bird

  • From: Larry Wallberg <larry.wallberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: benalbritton@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 20:20:44 -0400

My wife found a similarly dead bird in our yard today. We think it may have
flown into a window behind which was a metal contraption holding a number of
plants, but we can't see any discoloration on the outside pane. The bird was
missing its upper mandible. Neither one of us are experts, but after
checking Sibley, we both think that our victim was a Swainson's Thrush.

Larry Wallberg
Lexington