[birdky] Seasonal Report submissions

  • From: Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:11:49 -0400

As many of you know, Fred Busroe has recently "retired" from editing the
Seasonal Reports for the Kentucky Ornithological Society's quarterly
journal, The Kentucky Warbler.  Many thanks are extended to Fred for more
than ten years of editing and co-editing the seasonal reports!

Lee McNeely and I have taken over the job as of the Spring 2003 season (now
in press).

For those wishing to submit observations for the Summer 2003 Season
(June-July 2003), you may email reports to me at:

brainard.palmer-ball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

or through the US Postal mail at:

B. Palmer-Ball, Jr.
c/o KSNPC
801 Schenkel Lane
Frankfort, KY 40601

or you may U.S. Postal mail them to Lee McNeely at:

P.O. Box 463
Burlington, KY 41005

There is NO NEED to send them to both of us, the choice is simply there for
anyone wanting one.  It is requested that summer reports be submitted by
Monday, August 18th.

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify reporting protocol.  I
archive highlights from posts to BIRDKY on a regular basis. However, posting
observations to BIRDKY should not be taken by observers as sufficient for
reports to be included in the Seasonal Reports.  It is not uncommon for
locations, dates, numbers, etc. to be unclear from posts and many times
specific details of significant observations are needed, so I urge all to
put together seasonal summaries and submit them on a quarterly basis.
Reports are most helpful if they are ordered in at least approximate AOU
order, but any seasonal summary submission is better than none.  I hate to
say this, but the most preferred electronic format is Microsoft Word --
which I hate but am limited to using here in state government :o( -- but
others are OK. If I cannot open an electronic attachment, I will get back to
you.

Thanks in advance for any submissions.

bpb
brainard.palmer-ball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx