[birdky] Screech Owls/tardy warbler

  • From: Jackie Elmore <jackiebelmore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BirdKY BirdKY Listserve <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:04:44 -0500

10-15-2007

Diane and I spend time yesterday, Sunday 10-14, birding and hiking on a
friend's farm in Lincoln Co. We observed most of the common birds you might
expect in mid-October but did have a  somewhat tardy first fall male Prairie
Warbler. The highlight of our day were the 5+ Screech Owls that answered our
tape during the noon day hour. We decided to come back near dark and try for a
photo of a red morph owl and we were not disappointed. I don't know when I've
had more fun viewing owls! The threatened posture of one of the owls was pretty
cool! I took several photos...if interested check two out:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10367239@N05/1576100219/

Jackie B. Elmore
near Stanford, KY.
Lincoln Co.