[birdky] Scarlet Tanager, Bobolink, etc.

  • From: "Lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 18:27:11 -0500

I saw a Scarlet Tanager in my woods this morning. I couldn't remember if I had
ever seen one before, but I had it marked that I had seen one May 6, 1973, over
half my lifetime ago.  Alison got to see it this afternoon, while it was in a
singing dual  with a Summer Tanager. I also saw a Swamp Sparrow in a fence row
this morning.
  A lone Bobolink was at the edge of the first year red clover this afternoon.
The Scarlet Tanager and Bobolink were new birds for Alison. Indigo Buntings are
back here, too.