[birdky] Rufous Hummingbird in Russellville

  • From: "Mark " <benn5609@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:15:43 -0600

30 November 2003:

A Rufous Hummingbird was banded and identified by Chris Sloan and
associates this afternoon.  The bird was an immature female.

This bird had been present about 1 mile south of Russellville since
approximately 25 October.

It came to may attention on Friday evening of this week.  I observed the
bird on the morning of 29 November but could not make a positive
identification. I then notified David Roemer and Chris Sloan.

Images of this bird have been made by David Roemer, Frank Lyne, Jackie
Elmore, and me   Jackie Elmore made some images of the bird in the hand.
Hopefully, some of these can be posted soon.

Oddly, I had just taken my hummingbird feeder down earlier that day
(Friday).  It will go back up in the morning as I live less than 1 mile
from this location.

Mark Bennett
Russellville, Logan County, KY
benn5609@xxxxxxxxxxxxx