[birdky] Rpt: Lexington

  • From: de_lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Freelists, BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 19:48:33 +0000

Seven of us made it out to ASK's Veteran's Park (Lexington) walk this morning. It was a little on the cool side but it was sunny. If you have not been over there yet, they have some nice habitat down by the creek. We saw a total of 34 species including Prairie, Blue-winged & Yellow-rumped warblers, Blue-headed and Yellow-eyed Vireos an Orchard Oriole and a pair of Cooper's Hawks. We thought that we could see the female sitting on the nest (all we could see was the end of the tail).

Our next walk is on Saturday at 8:00 AM at Lexington Cemetery (Lexington). Hope to see you out there. I stopped there on my way back from Veteran's Park and added a couple of Hooded Warblers and a Nashville Warbler. I also had a Black-&-White and Black-th Green Warbler out at my place in Scott County this week. I am finally starting to see some warblers!

David Lang
Scott County