[birdky] RPT:Birding Fern Creek May 21; Connecticut Warbler

  • From: michael autin <napkinarmstrong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 12:20:56 -0400

I went birding for an hour or so at a woodlot I used to bird when I was young
off of Fernbush Lane and saw a few things.

10:15-11:05am
Mallard
Turkey vulture
Red-shouldered Hawk-1
Mourning Dove
Chimney Swift
Downy Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Eastern Wood-Peewee
Empidonax Flycatcher
Eastern Kingbird-1 first I have ever seen there
Great-crested Flycatcher-1
Blue Jay
American Crow
Carolina Wren
Swainson's Thrush
American Robin
Brown Thrasher
Cedar Waxwing
Euro. Star.
Red-eyed Vireo
Blackburnian Warbler-1-2
Chestnut-sided Warbler-1
Magnolia Warbler-1
Black-throated Green Warbler-1
Connecticut Warbler-I've never heard one before and thought I was listening to
a Canada Warbler, but then thought I should get online and check it.  So last
night after traveling with my band, for 4 hours to Huntsville to play a show, i
checked warbler calls on enature and it was indeed a Connecticut, a wonderous
revelation, and I don't feel so bad now that I couldn't find it.
Eastern Towhee
Northern Cardinal
Common grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird