[birdky] RPT: Osprey nest at Cave Run Lake

  • From: Evelyn Morgan <one4est@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird KY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:37:19 -0700 (PDT)

I received a phone call today from Steve Bonney.  He was at the cemtery at the
end of Leathewood Road in Menifee County overlooking Cave Run Lake (known as
Beaver Creek), and looking at an Osprey sitting on the nest.   The nest has
been there for a couple of years but we had not seen any activity until today!
Steve watched as an adult flew to the nest and sat low.  He thought it most
likely has eggs due to the fact it was sitting so low.  It can be viewed easily
with a scope or bino from the right side of the parking lot....I think this is
great news!

Evelyn Morgan
Elliott County