[birdky] RPT: More Logan Co Mud birds

  • From: "Mark & Tommie Gail Bennett" <benn5609@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:25:15 -0500

16 May 2008:

Before I start with this afternoon, I forgot to mention that I did, in fact,
see the 2 Black Terns, at the KY 731 Transient Lake-Pond in Southwest Logan
County at lunch today.

This afternoon, I visited some smaller transient wet spots in central Logan
County to see what was present.  I was able to observe a total of 10 species
of mud-birds at the 2 locations combined.

First, I visited the transient web spot/wetland at the entrance to the
Russellville-Logan County Airport, SE of Russellville in KY 100.  Present
there were:

Semi-palmated Plovers, 10
Spotted Sandpipers, 4
Lesser Yellowlegs, 12
Semi-palmated Sandpipers, 2
Least Sandpipers, 12
Pectoral Sandpipers, 7
Dunlin, 17 &
Short-billed Dowitchers, 5.

At a transient pond on US 431 about 4 miles south of Russellville, were:

Semi-palmated Plovers, ~15
Greater Yellowlegs, 1
Least Sandpipers, ~20
White-rumped Sandpipers, 2
Pectoral Sandpipers, ~5
Dunlin, ~25

I also observed Mallards and Blue-winged Teal.

That concludes this report.

Mark Bennett
113 Iroquois Circle
Russellville, KY  42276