[birdky] RPT: More Elliott County Siskins

  • From: "Scott Freidhof" <sialia67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:29:01 -0500

While walking at the Grayson Lake Wildlife Management Area today on the
Elliott County end, I heard a pine siskin singing in the pines.  To
follow-up on the dog hair suggestion by Brainard, I placed some out around
the feeders a number of weeks ago.  A chickadee and a nuthatch immediately
picked it up and shook it around but did not carry any away.  Maybe it was
too early then.  I would like to put some more out now but my old yellow
retriever has since passed on to doggy heaven.  My new dog has extremely
short hair, hence his name - German Shorthair Pointer.  I plan to borrow
some white German Shepherd hair from a co-worker.  I will try again.

Scott Freidhof

Rowan County