[birdky] RPT: Misc August 8-9

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard \(EPPC OOS KNPC\)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 16:47:40 -0400

Well ... I spoke too soon last week when I posted that it didn't look
like Sedge Wrens would show up in the Indian grass fields on the family
farm in eastern Jefferson County. Late yesterday, two males were dueling
with songs in one of the more mature fields.

Quick stop by the Falls of the Ohio this afternoon ... not many
shorebirds. Highlights = 1 adult Mute Swan (origin?); 3 Blue-wg Tea; 4
Caspian Terns; 10-15 Killdeer; 1 Semi Plover; 1 yellowlegs sp.; several
Spotted Spipers; 5+ Least Spipers; 2 Pectoral Spipers; 2 gorgeous juv.
Short-billed Dowitchers. Most action was again down on "Wave Rock."

At a wetland site near Boston, Nelson County, earlier in the day ...
highlights were a Sedge Wren; 10 Little Blue Herons; 8 Great Egrets; 6+
Green Herons; 1 Pectoral Spiper.

bpb, Frankfort