[birdky] RPT: Henderson County swans

  • From: Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:51:38 -0500

Mike Morton, manager of the Sloughs WMA, emailed yesterday to report that
the winter resident flock of Tundra Swans now contains 27 individuals as of
this week. I'm not sure if they are visiting the fields along KY 268, but
with the warmer weather I wouldn't doubt it. One of the birds wearing a gray
neck collar is the same bird that has been there every winter since at least
2001-2002.

One thing to remember is that access to the WMA will soon become impossible
(except by boat!) if the Ohio River continues to rise. Mike tells me that if
you look up on the internet an Ohio River stage for Evansville and it is
42.0 feet or more, forget about trying to get out to the WMA.

bpb, Louisville