[birdky] RPT: Green River Lake CBC partial results

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EPPC OOS KNPC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 20:51:20 -0500

Yesterday, December 27th, Kate Heyden with KY Fish and Wildlife and myself
covered a portion of the Green River Lake CBC, hitting the reservoir and
environs. The day was beautiful with light winds and partly cloudy skies.
Nothing rare was found, but we had 69 species in our territory plus 1 more at
the Campbellsville City Lake plus 3 outside of the circle (including a very
accommodating Barred Owl that came in to some pishing). Highlights included 13
spp of waterfowl including some Greater Scaup and Red-breasted Mergs and single
Northern Pintail and Common Goldeneye; 3 adult Bald Eagles; a couple of Herring
Gulls; and a Brown Thrasher. There were a few berry-eaters around but we only
saw a few cedar trees with fruits and again seed-eaters like White-throated
Sparrows seemed to be in short supply.

bpb, Frankfort