[birdky] RPT: Falls of the Ohio, 8/26/2008

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EEC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:55:13 -0400

Eddie Huber and I scanned the Falls of the Ohio for an hour or so this
morning. The day was much brighter than I had anticipated, with all the
clouds and rain FAR off to the southeast, so there wasn't a lot of
fallout apparent with the nearly clear skies and brisk northeast wind.

Shorebirds (most of the non-Killdeer looked like juvies):

Killdeer -- probably at least 50
Lesser Yellowlegs -- 1
Spotted Sandpiper -- 2
Least Sandpiper -- ca. 20
Semi Sandpiper -- 2-3
Probable Western Sandpiper -- looked good but just a bit too far to be
sure
Stilt Sandpiper -- 1
Short-billed Dowitcher -- 1

Others: