[birdky] RPT: BBS route in Larue & Nelson counties

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EEC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:42:44 -0400

Yesterday morning I ran my last BBS route. It was another nice
"sweatshirt" morning for June :o)

Of interest along the route was a singing Savannah Sparrow in open
farmland north of Hodgenville, Cliff Swallows under the Rolling Fork
bridge along the Larue/Nelson county line, two hen turkeys with poults,
a nice adult Broad-winged Hawk perched in a snag at one woodland stop,
Dickcissels at several stops, and a Prothonotary Warbler.

You can really tell that the cicadas are now on the wane, having peaked
in their activity at least a week or so ago.

BPB, Frankfort