[birdky] Purple finch

  • From: "Eddie and Jennifer Huber" <edandjenhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:56:23 -0400

Eddie and I had our first purple finch of the season at our feeders this
morning.  It was a nicely marked female.  We also had a male and female
yellow-bellied sapsuckers on a tree outside our dining room window.  Lots of
bird activity with the rainy weather.  A red-breasted nuthatch has been coming
to our seed feeders as well as suet feeder for several weeks and was there
again this morning.  We haven't seen a hummingbird since the first part of the
month.  We still have our feeders up just in case.

Eddie & Jennifer Huber
Southeast Jefferson County
(Near Fisherville)