[birdky] Pine Siskin

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 14:47:07 -0500

Well, they're here!! This past Sunday I thought that I saw a female PINE
SISKIN. However, she was very boldly streaked and I had a problem accepting
her as a Pine Siskin. She was with a bunch of American Goldfinches at that
time. Today there were lots of male and female PINE SISKINS, probably about
15, at the feeders. The very boldly streaked one had absolutely no yellow
tinges anywhere and has not been present with the others. I am still trying
to get a decent photo of the chickadee which I suspected of being a
BLACK-CAPPED. However, it is so fast when it grabs a seed from the feeder,
taking an acceptable photo has been very difficult. Plus it doesn't respond
to pishing the way the others do. All the others come close to me and fuss
at me, but not this dude! BTW bpb, I do 98% of the photography in the
family, so no need to ask Les to do them for me!

Cheers, Joan Carr

Pike County

South Williamson, KY