[birdky] Photos from recent Mexico trip (Horned Guan)

  • From: birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 06:20:54 +0000

All,
If anyone is interested, I have a gallery up for the star bird of the recent
trip that I was lucky enough to be a part of to southern Chiapas, El Triunfo.
This gallery contains my Horned Guan photos, and I will soon have another
gallery with all of the other pix from the trip. Lighting was tough in the cloud
forests, but all in all, photos still came out pretty well.

El Triunfo really has to be seen to be believed. And, just seeing it required
quite a bit of dedication and much logistical planning. Luckily for us, Michael
Carmody of Legacy Tours, took care of all the logistical concerns, as well as
being an extraordinary birder and guide. We saw a total of 4 Horned Guans during
the 3.5 days we stayed at El Triunfo, which was quite a good showing.

Anyway, I have 9 Guan photos in the following gallery:

http://www.pbase.com/mctodd/horned_guan

These photos are all sized for higher resolutions, and will look best at
something like 1280 x 1024 monitor resolution, if possible.

I will post when I have finished with the other 200+ photos I'm working on!

Good Birding,

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx