[birdky] Peregrine sightings

  • From: "Smith, Adam \(FW\)" <Adam.Smith@xxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:20:43 -0500

Happy New Year all,

I would appreciate detailed information on any Peregrine Falcon
sightings in the state.  We're getting a pretty good handle on their
breeding distribution in the state (although they continue to surprise
us), but I'm becoming more interested in how the species is using the
state in winter.  So, if you see one, please send me an e-mail or give
me a call to report the sighting.  The information I'm most interested
in is (in order of priority):

1 - date and specific location of the sighting

2 - band information (i.e. is it banded and, if so, could you make out
any colors, letters, numbers)

3 - adult or immature (consult a field guide for differences; some
photos at
http://bna.birds.cornell.edu/BNA/demo/gallery/Peregrine_Falcon_gallery.h
tml#fig1)

Any information is most appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Adam Smith

Avian Research& Monitoring, Wildlife Diversity Program

KY Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources

1 Sportsman's Lane

Frankfort, KY 40601

Phone: 800.852.0942 x369

Fax: 502.564.4519