[birdky] Peregrine falcon added to my yard list!

  • From: Jamie Baker <jamiedarylbaker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 13:00:18 -0400

Yesterday late afternoon while walking into the house I almost fell off my
deck in excitement after seeing a Peregrine Falcon fly right over the house!
It circled a nearby cell phone tower and then landed. I luckily had both my
binoculars and scope just inside the house and quickly got a positive ID
with the bins and then enjoyed long looks with the scope. I live in the
Germantown neighborhood near the intersection of Preston and Eastern
Parkway, the cell phone tower is across the street from Sunergos Coffee
shop. I believe a saw a Peregrine Falcon one other time fly by last year,
but the looks were poor, short, and without binoculars.

--
Jamie Baker