[birdky] Peabody WMA, Sinclair Unit, S-2 High Spot

  • From: PRESTON FORSYTHE <pns_for@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 02:11:52 +0000 (UTC)

This evening we had one Merlin, four Short-eared Owls, and at least six
Northern Harriers. Thanks to Steve for some of spots. As we drove off the
coyote chorus opened up loud, but the owls were quiet tonight.
We plan to return to S-2 before dawn to observe the thin waning moon, nearby
Venus,  Mars, with Jupiter higher up and and 1st magnitude Spica, lower right.
Monday, Dec. 7, before dawn, the thin Moon and Venus will be very close.
Nearby,with luck, and in the same spotting scope view as the moon and Venus,
maybe we can see Comet Catalina reportedly at 6st magnitude, and the best comet
of the year.
Preston Forsythe, Browder, KY

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android