[birdky] Peabody WMA, Sinclair Unit

  • From: PRESTON FORSYTHE <pns_for@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 01:29:32 +0000 (UTC)

We had another Short-eared Owl late this afternoon at S-2. Plus, a couple more
possible s-e owls,  but it was too dark and the distance too far. Also, 8-10
Harriers, including 5 in a tight group that Teresa and Steve spotted.
At noon today I visited the KY F&W office at Sinclair. The cover crop I
mentioned the other day is Rapeseed. It has a tiny black seed that quail will
enjoy in 2016. The rapeseed is planted in strips to provide bare ground for the
quail. Rapeseed is the parent of Canola.
Preston Forsythe, Browder, KY

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android