[birdky] Re: PURPLE MARTIN

  • From: "sgrecord@xxxxxxxx" <sgrecord@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: SMarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 07:02:18 -0500

I had a pair come in at dark last night and roost in my box.  These are the
first
martins I've seen as well.  I assume these are "my birds" as they went in the
same nest
hole they used last year.

My nesting kestrels have disappeared.  The pair was very visible last month
courting
and flying in and out of their box.  I am starting to think an owl or larger
hawk may
have killed them.

Scott Record
Ragland KY