[birdky] Oriole learning

  • From: JEswindell@xxxxxxx
  • To: BIRDKY@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:41:49 EDT

We have noted some special needs orioles among those feeding our  yard.
Apparently a learning disability, one or two seem unable to learn to  use the
oriole feeder.  They peck all over the feeder including on the  perches
without finding the hole where the liquid is available.  Similarly  some seem
unable to learn, at least learn quickly, to feed on an orange  half.  Slow
learners come to the oranges and give them an inspection and  then leave having
received no sustenance.  Later, perhaps with the help of  special
educators, they learn to use both sources of food.  In the  meantime, we worry
about
them and wonder if we should prepare an IEP for  them.

John Swindells
Nelson County
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220572846x1201387511/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=