[birdky] New Year's Eve Spotted Sandpiper

  • From: FrankRenfrow@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:51:09 EST

I went down to check the Ohio River at the Riverside Marina in Dayton
(Campbell Co., KY) at about 4:30 PM this evening. While looking  through a
flock of
200 Canada Geese at some 20 "Lesser"-sized individuals,  a small sandpiper
flew in and landed on the bank with the classic bowed-wing  flight of a Spotted
Sandpiper. It then obligingly landed on one of the docks  right in front of me
and I got a much better look. It was clearly  a Spotted Sandpiper (in
unspotted nonbreeding plumage, of  course) bobbing away. I'll have to go back
down to
check tomorrow morning  to see if I can get it for New Year's Day as well.

Frank Renfrow
Fort Thomas, KY