[birdky] Monday, Feb. 20

  • From: Paul Hager <bereahager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:40:44 -0500

Joy (my wife) and I drove about 6 miles on Monday for a GBBCount.  Was out
about 2 and 1/2 hours just north of Berea.

The count also includes my backyard Feeder Watch count for Monday.

26 species

Canada Goose                                    27
American Black Duck                            3
Mallard                                                 2
Lesser Scaup                                    10
Turkey Vulture                                  2
Red Tailed Hawk                                 2
Rough Legged Hawk (dark morph)     1   (near Berea Sewer plant)
Kestrel                                                 5
Rock Pigeon                                             4
Mourning Dove                                   7
Downy Woodpecker                                2
Blue Jay                                                        5
Tufted Titmouse                                 1
White-Breasted Nuthatch                 1
Carolina Wren                                   1
Eastern Bluebird                                        7
American Robin                                  34
European Starling                               25
Eastern Towhee                                  2
Song Sparrow                                    6
White-Throated Sparrow                  10
Northern Cardinal                               5
Purple Finch                                            1
House Finch                                             2
American Goldfinch                              6
House Sparrow                                   1

Paul Hager
Berea
Madison County