[birdky] Mississippi Kite Shadows

  • From: "Ed Ray" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "edrayosprey@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 14:10:47 -0700

Mowing my Mom's lawn at Dawson Springs, about a week ago, I noticed a raptor
shadow pass by, thought may be one of the neighborhood M. Kites flying over.
About 10 seconds went by and the shadow reappeared. Looking up rewarded with an
adult M. Kite circling close above. That was the last time I have seen one of
the kites, had been seeing one or a pair of adults daily all summer. I think I
saw an immature M. Kite about a week ago perched in their routine perching
tree. Distance and lighting did not permit a positive determination.

Ed Ray, Hopkins Co.