[birdky] Minor Clark Fish Hatchery - Sunday

  • From: Lana Hays <lhays2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: KY Birdlist <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 06:25:58 -0500

I went back to the fish hatchery Sunday as the light was good.  The only
birds I didn't see from Friday were the Dunlins.  New birds were 2 ruddy
ducks and a Northern Shoveler.

I was amazed at the number of Greater Yellowlegs...they were everywhere.
The funniest thing I saw was one crossing the road when I first got
there...with a frog.  They did a lot of fishing and were quite successful.

I have included on a separate webpage most everything from yesterday.  I
still have a few more shots to work on and may redo some that are posted.
However, everyone got fish yesterday....osprey, belted kingfisher, and the
yellowlegs.  And.....I got shots of all of them posted.

Thanks for the wonderful comments that I've received.  I've had a great time
at the fish hatchery.

http://homepage.mac.com/lhays/KYBirds/PhotoAlbum78.html

Lana Hays
Walton