[birdky] Merganser on Herrington Lake?!

  • From: Mfcase@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 13:03:46 EST

We have been birding seriously for some 11 years and have lived on Herrington
Lake all that time.  We have never seen a Merganser on the lake, until just
now.  A Common Merganser swam across the lake toward us, under the Chenault
Bridge, and then booked on up the lake toward Bryant's Camp, diving
periodically.
 We decided to post the sighting, because Herrington Lake birders need all
the help they can get, to keep alive the hope of seeing any variety of birds on
our water.
     -- Margaret & Bill Case, Garrard County