[birdky] Louisville CBC

  • From: P & J BELL <patjanebell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 19:47:47 +0000 (UTC)

The Louisville CBC was last Sunday, Dec. 20. It was a nice day to be out
counting birds with temperatures in the mid-fifties.  We had 42 observers,
tallied 87 species and 16,331 individuals.
Our total number of waterfowl was down with the exception of Ring-necked Ducks.
With the warm weather we had some lingering warblers - Pine, Orange-crowned,
and Palm. An immature Red-headed Woodpecker was seen which was the first one we
have had for many years. Two Cackling Geese were a highlight. We had a large
number of Cedar Waxwings -372.
Thanks to all who participated in this year's count.
Pat BellLouisville