[birdky] Hummer here & new bird for me in CO

  • From: "Millie" <kymillie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <Birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:07:29 -0400

Returned home from two weeks in Colorado and surprised to see RT Hummer at
feeder. There had been sparse activity this summer, but I filled the feeder
before we left and noticed the water was way down when we returned. Now a
female has been visiting regularly, stoking up for the long trip south.  I did
get a new bird while in CO... Townsend's Solitaire who entertained me for a
half hour while I sat on the trail waiting for others to return from a hike
further up the hill.. We looked for a Lewis's Woodpecker, no luck...

Millie Farmer
St. Matthews, KY