[birdky] Hopkins Co

  • From: "Eileen Wicker" <raptors@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'bird ky'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:03:54 -0500

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that we received 5 poisoned
birds from Hopkins Co last night. A male and a female Northern
Harrier-dead-- and a Juvenile Harrier and 2 Red Tails that were
still alive. One hawk was staggering but able to evade capture and
in addition there were more dead hawks and 100-150 dead songbirds
and grackles that the transporter was unable to ID. These birds
were found very close to each other.

We emptied the crops of the live birds and determined they were
feeding on the dead birds; these birds are much improved this
morning and hopefully will make a full recovery.

If in your birding you should discover any suspected poisoning
please contact USFW or you can contact me and I will get your
information to them.

Eileen

Eileen Wicker

Raptor Rehabilitation of KY Inc.